Monday, March 30, 2009

Not what you were looking for?

Well, the guy who used to run this blog somehow let his subdomain expire. So I grabbed it.

To those of you who feel empowered by the availability of antiretroviral therapy that results in low viral loads: All pathogens eventually develop resistance to antiviral/antibiotic therapies. Eventually we'll be back in an arms race with HIV -- if you're curious how this is going to turn out, do some research on multi-drug-resistant tuberculosis. Allowing HIV to infect lots of bodies, especially ones doing things like PrEP, creates the perfect environment for the virus to mutate out from under the available therapies. Anyone who tells you differently very likely doesn't have an advanced degree in virology. Which I do.

Best wishes to the guy who used to host this blog. I hope he's OK. No idea why the "neg for now" author suddenly gave up his barebacking-friendly blog, though I have my suspicions.